Sunday, February 19, 2006

Progress- maybe?

Things seem to be kicking it up down there, some odd contractions/cramps.. Again that threshold/precipice feeling.. What will my life be like this time next week with spud in arms?? (I am 42 weeks on Thursday so if labour hasn't started by then, I imagine the midwives will have induced me..) I am fairly optimistic it will happen in the next two days, but what do I know.. I'm just the vessel here, the spud's in charge..

I've had a nicely restful weekend, saw Brokeback Mountain and Last Night (I love that film, still get a lot out of it at 3rd or 4th viewing) and we finally finally finished watching the 2nd season of 24- scarily addictive, yet so violent and disturbing, I liked Season 1 a lot more as torture was not a major theme.

I had this theory that I couldn't have the baby till the pictures were hung (Done), boxes were unpacked (Done), hall redecorated (Done)... Then I decided I couldn't take any more mysteries out of the library (I have been reading three a week and pick them up after midwife appointments) because that would ensure another midwife appointment, i.e. no baby. The latest theory I'm working on is that I had to finish watching 24.. Done, Done, Done!

hmmm.. what remains to be done? or as i belive Lenin put it 'what is to be done?' I did find one more box which is half tidied, and I could make one or two more photo albums but really I am so sick of sorting things out..

If not for the horrific ice everywhere and my sore back I could be pacing the streets, bringing on the labour, but more likely I would be lying on the street, crying about a bruised hip and jammed back.. all these 'walking brings on labour' people do not life in the ice storm capital of Canada. M and had a nice long walk today, with lots of rests to unjam my back and a helpful arm to keep me from going down.. and it did seem to be encouraging lots of contractions, but they tailed off once I reached the comfort of my afternoon nap!

Still all in all rather promising, and I am far more optimistic than before..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home