Tuesday, January 24, 2006

new year, impending arrival

Now home, 37 weeks pregnant and very busy getting my life organized... Fun to be off work but surprisingly busy.. I am feeling okay, rather rotund, but less cumbersome than over New Year's where I just felt miserably uncomfortable all the time - sore hips, acid reflux and shortness of breath so I could never get comfortable.. I would just sit on the sofa and sigh and poor Martin would ask 'what now?' in as patient a voice as possible.

Now I just feel acidy and short of breath and sore hips - hmm same symptoms as before actually, but somewhat alleviated I think by getting inured to it and also by the baby dropping a bit. We got an ultrasound done and they made a photo of its face - very fat cheeks - unusually so according to the technician (fatness is definitely an asset in a baby) and, somewhat alarmingly, what looks like a whisk in its hand. The technician had just prodded my belly to get the baby to move its hand, so in the photo it is scowling and brandishing the whisk... half monster half baby or as a friend said 'holy shroud of Turin'..

Last night we could feel the baby's hand curled on my stomach, so sweet.

anyhow, gotta go, so impressed with myself for actually putting fingers to keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home