October, a bad month OTOH me
Do you ever feel tired and your eyes start to bug out, and your body is weary and complaining?
I am tired, in some ways it has been a hard month. It started with a meeting in Regina where my hotel room was robbed and neither my employer nor the hotel will pay for me to replace my passport/keys/camera -s some $350 in total. (WARNING: Do not stay in the Ramada. They are unhelpful, rude, and refuse to pay for thefts that occur inside their locked rooms.) I wasn't that traumatized by the robbery, but the huge effort (2-3 days and lots of e-mails, calls,etc) to get a new passport, keys, etc, and try to get some one to pay for this stuff has been exhausting.
Then I have had weird very painful cramps, that seem to be no-serious and related to my uterus/tummy/mid-section growing at what can only be described as a crazy rate.
Then I was in fury with my boss, unable to even look at him for two weeks because of some highly inappropriate things he said at a meeting (including that he was the father of my child!). That has now been resolved with a seemingly abject apology on his part (although of course he can't remember saying such a thing..), and a recognition a) that I can't be expected to do so much work (currently doing 2 people's jobs) and b) that I should be able to work from home if feeling sick.
Plus, my major project at work is in major disarray, a product of me having too much other work, changing guidelines that we became aware of three months into a 5 month project, and all the other stuff...
So in summary, robbery, sickness, pissed-off ness, work foul-up, and of course the ordinary pregnancy tiredness.. October, a bad month.
I did go to a great wedding of an old friend, hung out with great friends in the cool spots of the grand metropolis, Toronto, and also spent the weekend with one of my oldest friends and her 4 year old and one year old, where I learned the brutal reality of childcare. Every time the (lovely and usually well behaved kids) acted up, her husband would look at me and laugh and say 'there no going back, you're past the point of no return'... hmmm. Two kids seems definitely to be more than twice the work of one.. I better see if I can cope with one before planning another..
Also, have been enjoying the weather change (okay perhaps not the rain) and staying home having delicious meals cooked by the charming hubbie, who has been looking after me very well in moy not-so-delicate state. So, perhaps there have been saving graces in October after all.
P.S. what the mofo is OTOH? Every time I mistakenly type "to" as "ot" the spellcheck wants me to type "OTOH", and then gets all pissy when I override it to type "to"..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home