Lady in waiting
Still waiting. Only one day late. This waiting time has been fun, a special time with M., as we enjoy our last quality 'together alone' time for a while, and a great time to connect with old friends, organize my life, prepare for the baby. I'm so lucky to have all this time off, paid.. still very appreciative of the Canadian government support of maternity/parental benefits (although I know there are problems with the program and self-employed/unemployed are left out). My friend in Holland only got 4 months.. and the US it's 2-6 weeks.. seems so cruel to put a tiny tadpole in daycare.. I find it interesting all the industries that have developed here in response to the year off- mum and baby yoga, kindermusic etc.. ah so very middle class...
I still find it hard to believe I will be a parent within the next 9 days...
1 Comments:
Keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home